Level Two: Couples Counselling Training: Exploring Differentiation
The dates for our next Level Two course are:
Saturday/Sunday 25th and 26th June 2022 (first part) and Saturday/Sunday 16th and 17th July 2022 (second part) from 10am to 4.30pm each day.
Venue: Deborah Ubee Centre, 20 Egerton Drive, London SE10 8JS
Cost: £490 for the four days. Early Bird price of £470 running until 1st March 2022
CPD: 22 hours
As a follow on from the Introduction course, this Level 2 course will explore the important concept of Differentiation in Couples Counselling, and focus in particular on the Developmental Model of Couple Counselling pioneered by Drs Ellyn Bader and Peter Pearson.
This course will cover the following:
• The Developmental Model of Couple Counselling pioneered by Drs Ellyn Bader and Peter Pearson
• Introduction to The Crucible Model by Dr David Schnarch
• Differentiation Theory and its relationship to Attachment Theory;
• How to work with affairs and betrayals;
• Different types of lies within relationship;
• Concepts from Neuroscience and how these might aid the couple counsellor;
• The five stages of development in adult relationships, and the goals/tasks of each stage;
• The three types of couples that present for couples counselling;
• Using a Couples Questionnaire;
• The Paper Exercise: a key exercise to ascertain and diagnose six major problems in the couple’s ability to handle conflict, negotiation and communication;
• Working with hostile and avoidant couples;
• Facilitating the Initiator-Inquirer Dialogue to strengthen differentiation in relationship;
• Goal setting;
• How to help couples repair ruptures in their relationship;
• Working with and disrupting Symbiosis; Facilitating Differentiation;
• Key negotiation principles; strategies for making decisions.
Debbie and her partner Simon Adamson will jointly lead this course. You can read more about their work together at www.completecouples.com. A CPD certificate of 22 hours will be provided on completion of the course.
This course will run at least once or twice per year.
There will be maximum of 21 people per course to ensure optimum benefit of the course.
Minimum qualifications required to enrol for the course: Ideally, completion of the four day Introduction course, although if you already work with couples, it’s possible to register for the Level 2 course without completing the Introduction course. This course is most suited to qualified counsellors or psychotherapists. If you are a trainee, then completion of a minimum ten week certificate course is required to enrol. If you are outside of these criteria, please contact me to discuss, as in exceptional cases, enrolment may be possible.
Cancellation terms: A £100 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a place. The balance is payable one month before the course start date, and once paid is also non-refundable. In the event of cancellation with less than one month’s notice, a full refund will be offered if someone from the waiting list takes your place, otherwise the balance payment is also non-refundable.