- Debbie and Simon’s introduction to couples therapy training is one of the most enjoyable and inspiring CPD trainings I’ve attended. They shared their passion for the work with huge generosity and patience. The training was robust, with every aspect carefully considered to ease and encourage our learning, from extensive handouts to fresh fruit during the breaks. It felt like a really safe place to practice new skills and ask questions freely. There was a great combination of theory and experiential practice and although the days were jam-packed they seemed to fly by.
- I feel I now have a good understanding of the basics involved in becoming a couples therapist including many of the ethical dilemmas such as working individually with clients alongside couples work, of confidentiality vs transparency as well as the practical issues of drawing up contracts and the wording of client questionnaires. They kindly provided us with a great set of ready-made documents to facilitate our entrée into the world of couples therapy.
- What I love too is the ongoing support through their facebook group and the option to be included in their couples therapist directory. If you are thinking of finding out more about couples training I can’t think of a better place to start.
CheryAnn, therapist attending 2021 training
- I can honestly say that this is by far the best couples counselling training I have ever attended. I would not hesitate to recommend this training to anyone, excellent all round.
DN (therapist attending 2019 London training)
- The Introduction Course provided an excellent foundational level insight into the world of couples therapy. I am completing the course feeling well equipped to begin couples therapy. The handouts and level of information and different theoretical approaches is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you both.
Deone Payne-James, Integrative Counsellor (attended Introduction Course London 2019)
- Clear concise delivery, I feel confident to start with clients. I have trained on a couples workshop previously but didn’t feel confident to start working, so delayed and continued to look for further training. Really impressed by the content shared, every question answered and great safeguarding implementation.
Therapist attending Introduction Course London 2019
- I am so thankful that I chose to do your course. My supervisor highly recommended it, and I was not disappointed. Not only did it reassure me that I already was familiar with a good number of approaches by the foremost experts in the field of couples counselling, but your comprehensive coverage of the basics was thorough, practical and reassuring. The range of helpful handouts will also be a source of practical guidance both for me and my clients: a wide menu. Ellyn Bader and Peter Pearson’s ‘developmental approach’ was new to me, and makes absolute sense. I’ll enjoy exploring it more. It was also a first proper introduction to Marshall Rosenberg, and I now have his step by step guide to nonviolent communication in my grasp and am passing it on to clients. I also liked the fact that you both have a depth of knowledge and experience, which has come both from your passionate exploration over time within the field, as well as your ongoing commitment to increased happiness within your own relationship.
Loraine McDonald, therapist attending Introduction course in London 2019
- This course was an excellent way of creating the solid groundwork for having a couples practice, whilst giving the tools and confidence to be a better practitioner. It made me re-evaluate all my counselling skills and practice.
Therapist attending Introduction course in London 2019
♦ A thorough and fascinating grounding in working therapeutically with couples. Using a wide and interesting variety of teaching methods, the presenters Debbie and Simon were professional and well organised, but at the same time relaxed and friendly. So much was packed in, including in-depth training on a number of popular contemporary therapeutic models. Handouts covered everything, so it was easy to just absorb the information and insights, without needing to take notes. I’d absolutely recommend this course to any professional contemplating working with couples.
Martin (Course participant May/June 2018).
♦ Excellent course by professional trainer; suitable for counsellors wanting to understand and practise couples work.
Course participant, London 2018
♦ Best, most comprehensive set of handouts and notes of any training I’ve ever been on – much appreciated. Really thorough grounding in essential considerations, ethics and differences working with couples. Comprehensive introduction to different theories/models.
Jill Kay, therapist
♦ What was good was the expertise and experience of Deborah. Really clearly laid out. Really supportive and encouraging. I enjoyed and found Deborah’s anecdotal accounts really useful. They gave me much to think about. The really thorough treatment of ethics was most beneficial. (Katrina Pitts, therapist)
♦ I liked the pace and the practise in a safe environment. Very stimulating and excited at the prospect of practising newly acquired skills (Wendy Willis, counsellor)
♦Despite there being a considerable amount of information, the timing and space for questions and reflection was just right. Very enjoyable and very useful. (Sue Parker, counsellor)
♦Everything was excellent. The resources fantastic, the pace was just right and the expertise of the facilitator was great. All of it has been helpful without feeling overwhelming.
♦ I would (and have) thoroughly recommend this course to colleagues who are considering couples counselling. It contains a large amount of practical information backed up with Debbie’s hands-on experience and her revealing and invaluable insights into many of the front-line occurrences that couple counselling will present. Both Debbie and Simon have a vast experience of couple counselling and the manner in which they present their knowledge is both accessible and entertaining. Without doubt a ‘must do’ course.
John Hade – Dartmoor Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy
♦ Clear explanations for the theory and the practical issues. fantastic resources to back up the learning and to use in practice. Thoroughly enjoyable and fascinating.
Lucy Candey, therapist
♦ I very much appreciate how broad the course is and how we are introduced to a number of different ways of working. This is also true for the different teaching methods that are used, a lovely balance of talks, videos, practice etc. I particularly love the way Debbie and Simon share themselves and their experiences. The pace for me is also excellent.
Adela Austin, therapist
♦ Generally, I felt the course was very informative and gave me lots of ideas and insights. I feel the course is an excellent alternative to some of the lengthy and expensive other couples counselling courses.
Francesco Piro, therapist and supervisor
A lovely balance of learning through a variety of methods. Very interactive and felt like a safe learning environment. A very enabling approach by Debbie, acknowledging all participants’ experiences. A good acknowledgement of different learning styles. (Margaret Headland; Headland Therapy).
It was better than I had hoped for. Excellent. Clear, concise, grounded, informative, friendly, small numbers group (Maria Mead, counsellor)
Debbie was an extremely generous trainer with her thinking and resources. She was also relaxed in her style which put the group at their ease. (Abigail, therapist)
♦ “Absolutely fantastic course, jam-packed with information and resources. Will definitely be recommending to fellow counsellors.”
Katie, Private Practitioner
♦ “An excellent overview to couples counselling offering you a strong base to start practising with growing confidence”
Isabel, Letchworth Centre
♦ I found the course very enlightening and full of information. Highly recommended course. You will get all the information you need to move forward in couples counselling. Debbie is an inspirational teacher and I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to work with couples.
Counsellor attending London course
♦ I would certainly recommend this course to anyone who is thinking of starting out on couples counselling. Be ready to discover how much there is to take on board. Debbie is a fantastic tutor.
Counsellor attending London course.
‘Fabulously informative workshop on the how to and why of setting up as a couples counsellor. I recommend it highly. Excellent, with brilliant handouts’ (Tara, therapist, London)
‘Excellent attention to detail. The course draws attention to the most important considerations and provides a comprehensive toolkit for anyone starting out as a couples counsellor’ (Phil Martin, therapist, Bournemouth).
‘An extremely clear and informative course. Very well organised. Delivered with clarity and warmth. Very useful.’ (Kate Renner, Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living, Herts)
‘Debbie and Simon are great trainers. the four dates were informative, insightful and fun. I loved the range of teaching methods and have already recommended the course to two colleagues. Fantastic handouts also. Lovely and safe group.’ (Phil Puttock, counsellor, Brighton)
‘I found most helpful the depth of experience of both leaders….the supervision of role-plays was done well and helpfully. Everyone was given permission to join in or sit it out or passively participate. I found that sensitive’ (B, therapist)